Aspirating Smoke Detection (ASD) Systems
A variety of methods exist for functional ASD testing. None of these are specifically designed for purpose and as a result often provide inconsistent results.
Gaining access to test aspirating smoke detection systems cannot only be disruptive – but can also require significant time and cost to arrange and carry out. Our Scorpion solution changes this, offering a consistent and reliable method of testing without disruption and the additional time and cost usually associated with testing.
“Scorpion is an investment that will repay in a short period of time…we don’t lose valuable lecture time while maintenance is carried out”
– Maintenance & Engineering Manager, Goldsmiths
SCORP 2011 – aspirating smoke detection system tester
The Scorpion head unit is permanently mounted adjacent to a sampling point on an ASD system pipe – typically at the end of the run. Just one head unit is required for each pipe run – regardless of the number of sampling points.
- Smoke tailored for functional testing of ASD systems
- Adjustable smoke time to suit requirements of system under test
- Suitable for Light Scatter, Particle Counting & Cloud Chamber technologies
- Transport time function allows monitoring of on-going ASD system performance
- Product Code: SCORP 2011-001
Hard-to-access smoke detectors are common in most buildings; Scorpion has therefore been adopted across a wide range of sites – in particular:
- Military bases